Monday, July 25, 2011

Aural Sensitivity Training: July 25, 2011

No time to waste in this week's Aural Sensitivity Training. Let's get right to the audio!


Barenaked Ladies, "Falling For the First Time"

Sifting through the endless BNL catalog, this is the one song I can listen to at any time. Even though their trademark humor isn't found, it's easily one of their best tunes.



Ben Folds, "Annie Waits"

Oh Ben Folds. There is nothing wrong with you. I remember how worried I was when you left the Five and prepared for a solo release. Then this song kicked off Rockin' the Suburbs and everything felt better.



Chantal Kreviazuk, Ghost Stories

If you haven't heard of Miss Kreviazuk, drop what you're doing and listen to one of her tracks. A descendant of the Tori Amos line of female musicians, her piano-playing and imaginative lyrics speak to all walks. Some of Ghost Stories' best tracks: "Time," "All I Can Do," and "Waiting For the Sun."




The Corrs, "Long Night"

How I ever mentioned how much I love The Corrs? I mean, they're awfully easy on the eyes as well as the ears. Look for evidence no further than the video for "Long Night." Who can honestly tell me Andrea Corr isn't uber-hot? I mean... the girl can sing.

Garbage, "Why Do You Love Me"

Found on the Wisconsin group's last new release Bleed Like Me (in 2005), this song is my clear-cut favorite off the disc. Pounding bass, raucous guitar riffs and killer vocals from Shirley Manson make this a mainstay on my playlist.


Thanks for coming back for another week of AST. You guys are awesome. Be here next week for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment