Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Aural Sensitivity Training: August 29, 2011

After a brief time off, I'm back this week for more audio recommendations. I'm also in the midst of planning out some exciting and fresh blogs for The Random Ramblings (with some guest writers as well), so keep checking back! For now, onto the picks!


Rihanna, "Shut Up and Drive"

Old? Sure. But still really good. Rihanna is so effing well-produced that I can't help but thump along. There's a great balance between her vocals and the heavy beats that pulse in the background of this single, making it worth the listen.



Natalia Kills, "Wonderland"

Once you get past the opening (which sounds like Gaga to a T), this dance-ready pop song really gets going with solid hooks. And the kicker? Right now it's free over on Amazon Music. So what are you waiting for?



Tim Urban, "American Fanfare"

Every time I hear this track, I feel like I'm sitting in on a recording session for a Hollywood movie score. And for some reason it's a film with Kevin Spacey. No idea why. Still, Urban's piano playing is dynamite.



The All-American Rejects, "The Wind Blows" (Skrillex Remix)

Having just picked up When The World Comes Down, I heard the original version of this song, which I have to say, kinda sucked. I much prefer the high-paced remix from the famous electro/house producer found on the Download to Donate album.



The Feeling, "Love it When You Call"

This tune is so much fun. If you're looking to get hooked on one new band, this song will be your gateway. Dan Gillespie Sells' lyrics and vocal quality is almost entirely matchless.

Be back next week for more training!

No comments:

Post a Comment